The Jeep Grand Cherokee is a great 4wd but lacks a few features for those who like to venture out far in to the wilderness. Accessing your spare tyre with a boot full of gear is difficult when it's located inside the vehicle under the floor, and don't even think about running too large spare in that space. How about remote outback travel that requires 2 spares? Or a suitable spot to carry a jerry can.
All these are solved with the Uneek 4x4 steel rear bar with dual swing outs.
Proudly made in Australia, the bar is constructed from 3mm steel with 10mm heavy duty mounts and 6mm internal gussets. Two 18mm steel tow points are integrated into the bar, along with two Hi Lift jack points.
LED Submersible stop, tail, and indicator lamps are integrated into the bar with two LED 18 watt LED reverse lights as standard into the bar. The rear bar come powder coated texture black as standard but can be colour matched (please supply VIN when ordering)
Stubs for the swing outs are welded into the bar, so the swing outs can be added later if required.
The swing out parts are modular and can take a spare tyre (up to 35") or a Jerry can holder. Two 33" tyres can be carried at the same time (the reverse camera is mostly covered when two tyres fitted.) These operate with slam latches (just like your car door), so there's no awkward over-center latches.
- Works with no tow bar or standard Mopar tow bar only
- Customers with Bushwacker flares will need to modify them, works with standard flares with no modifications.
- Compatible with LRA long range fuel tank (minor modification required on fuel tank.)
- Price above is for rear bar only, add options above to get price for optional swing outs
- 2011 - 2016: Can accommodate reverse parking sensors (up to and including MY 2016 Models) depending on what is put on the swing outs. (Sensors may see swing outs depending on what swing out set up you are running, and therefore will not work)
- 2017 and 2018 models, Jeep have changed the way the parking sensors work, and these will NOT work properly if installed into this bar. They will need to be turned off via the dash controls. We have asked Uneek 4x4 to come up with a solution and will update here once they have.